Community Information Toolkit Project Participants
The Community Information Toolkit provides information, training
materials, and demonstration software to assist in the creation
of a new community information network. The Library of Michigan provides this Toolkit
on behalf of public libraries in Michigan, and any institutions
anywhere that embark on a community information networking project.
Inc. managed the Toolkit project. The Library Network provided training and
Individuals participating in the Toolkit project include:
- Betty Van Dam, Merit. Project Manager.
- Todd White, Merit. Toolkit logo; training materials on Web
design; demonstration Toolkit Web site.
- Eileen Palmer, The Library Network. Toolkit vision leadership;
- Richard Truxall, The Library Network. Training at Romeo District
Library, training materials.
- Charles R. Severance, consultant. Demonstration software.
Windows NT and Toolkit software documentation. Edited videos.
Videographer for Video 1 as well as Video 4 expert. Co-producer
of CD and Web site.
- Richard W. Wiggins, consultant. Principal author of the Toolkit
Guidebook. Prepared materials for videos. Videographer for Video
1 experts and community information pioneers as well as Video
3 expert. Co-producer of CD and Web site.
- Larry Neal served as site coordinator for the Rochester Hills
- Cindy McIntyre served as site coordinator for the Romeo District
Videos 2, 3, and 4 were produced in association with Media
One of Southfield, Michigan.
The creation of the Toolkit was funded by a grant from Ameritech.